Champagne Birthday

champagne birthday: when you turn the same age as the day you were born

I can't remember where or when I first heard this concept, but let me tell you that I have anticipated this date for some time. (Hey, why not? Apparently having something to look forward to is good for you!). Luckily for me, I have a wonderful boyfriend and amazing family and friends who were willing to celebrate this occasion with me :)

On Saturday, we had "26 le 26" - an evening with good company, music & food (including plenty of carrot cake cupcakes)...


...I had quite the time blowing out my candles (I only got one on the first go).






On my actual birthday (a weekday), Antoine surprised me by getting up early and making some delicious french toast while I opened cards from my family.

French toast sides: dulce du leche, nutella, yogurt & bananas
At the party and at work, my Francophone friends were telling me that when you turn the same age as your birth date it is considered your lucky year ("année chanceuse"). After these celebrations, I am already feeling quite lucky. xo

Comments

Popular Posts