Vacation photos - London

"London goes beyond any boundary or convention. It contains every wish or word ever spoken, every action or gesture ever made, every harsh or noble statement ever expressed. It is illimitable. It is Infinite London." Peter AckroydLondon: The Biography (2000).

View of London from the Tate Modern

The last stretch of our trip was a fabulous week in London. We got in on a Saturday and that night we went to see a West-End musical where the actors were also the musicians - amazing. The next day, we were treated to a traditional Sunday roast that my uncle cooked followed by a walk along the Thames in Richmond. My aunt had driven down from Nottingham for the day, which made it extra special.

I only just learned that the Thames was tidal...

That night, we went to a local pub to play a couple rounds of darts. I was told by a local that all I needed was two weeks and I would be a real pro! (Yeah, right). Antoine was charmed with the pub culture throughout our UK trip, the concept of a place to meet up in a relaxed environment was something he took a real liking to.


During the week we were true tourists venturing to some of the classic London landmarks...

Taking a break in Trafalgar Square

Getting up intimate with England's history at The National Portrait Gallery

Tower Bridge, not to be confused with London Bridge ;-)
...Getting a taste for true British weather, whether it be rain, hail, or just plain overcast...

Outside Buckingham Palace
Greenwich meridian with some not-so-weather appropriate footwear on my part 
The Shard, piercing through an overcast London

...However, what really made the trip that more special was that we were fortunate to be taken to or recommended to go to places and restaurants thanks to my uncle and brother.

Sheltering from the rain at Monmouth Coffee in Covent Garden

Meeting my brother on his lunch hour at foodie heaven Borough Market

Going for the best. ramen. ever. with my uncle - a stones-throw from Piccadilly Circus

Merging two of MTLs best eats - bagels and smoked meat - in London's east end, Shoreditch 
The view from Primrose Hill on our last day with the sun making an appearance!

It was an amazing trip and I left feeling so fortunate to have such a great family and to have shared some fantastic memories with my favourite person. xx


Taking a 'selfie' in St. James Park

Comments

Popular Posts